Submissions are invited for the International Society for Environmental Ethics (ISEE) sessions at the 2013 Pacific Division Meeting of the American Philosophical Association (APA). The upcoming meeting will be held in the always beautiful San Francisco, CA, USA from Wednesday, March 27th to Sunday, March 31st.
ISEE invites submissions of individual papers (approximately 20 minutes running time) or proposals for themed sessions (particular topics, author-meets-critics, etc.; 2 hours running time). Submissions are encouraged from those working interdisciplinarily and include but are not limited to the following areas:
- animal studies,
- green religion,
- climate ethics,
- conservation ethics,
- environmental education,
- environmental justice,
- environmental policy,
- environmental pragmatism,
- food, water, & agricultural ethics,
- geoengineering, synthetic biology, & nanotechnology,
- feminist, post-colonial, and queer studies.
- For individual paper submissions, please submit either: 1) a full paper, or 2) a 300-word abstract.
- For themed sessions, please submit the proposed session title, a brief description of the session, names of presenters, and titles for each paper. Paper abstracts (of up to 300 words) are strongly encouraged. Participants should be confirmed as willing to attend if the session goes forward.
Materials should be submitted in Microsoft Word or PDF format to William Grove-Fanning: firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for submitting materials and proposals is September 1st, 2012. Early submissions are most welcome. Decisions will be made by late September.