Submissions are invited for the International Society for Environmental Ethics (ISEE) group sessions at the 2019 Eastern Division Meeting of the American Philosophical Association (APA). The meeting will be held January 7-9, 2019, in New York, NY.
The ISEE invites submissions of individual papers (approximately 20 minutes presentation) or proposals for themed sessions (particular topics, author-meets-critics, etc.). People working in any area of ethics concerning environmental issues are encouraged to submit proposals.
- For individual paper submissions, please submit either: (1) a 300-word abstract, or (2) a full paper (approx. 3000 words).
- For themed sessions, please submit the proposed session title, a brief description of the session, names of all those participating, and titles for each paper/presentation. Paper abstracts (of up to 300 words) are strongly encouraged. Participants should be confirmed as willing to attend if the session goes forward.
- Materials should be submitted in Microsoft Word or PDF format to:
- Allen Thompson (ISEE Vice-President) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include “ISEE/APA” in the subject line.
The deadline for submitting proposals is June 15, 2018.
Preliminary Call for Papers WCPA & CSEP/SCPE
Deadline July 15, 2018
The 55th Annual Meeting of the Western Canadian Philosophical Association in conjunction with The 3rd Annual Meeting of the Canadian Society for Environmental Philosophy/ Société Canadienne de Philosophie Environnementale will be held October 26-28, 2018, at the University of Calgary in Calgary, Alberta.
William Griffin Professor of Philosophy, Wesleyan University
Submissions of colloquium papers from all areas of philosophy are welcome. Colloquium papers should be no more than 3,500–4,000 words (text), presentable in 25-30 minutes to allow for commentary and discussion, and prepared for anonymous review.
Please submit papers in electronic form (PDF or Word) and a brief abstract (no more than 150 words) via the conference website submission form.
Proposals for panels or symposia are also welcome. Please submit the proposed title, abstracts of presentations, and names of all participants. Symposia are allotted 2 hours.
Colloquium papers and panels/symposia on environmental topics may be submitted for presentation either on the WCPA main program or the program of the CSEP/SCPE, but will automatically be considered for presentation on both programs.
The WCPA and CSEP/SCPE will each be awarding a Student Essay Prize, so if you are a student, please indicate this.
Please submit your paper or symposium proposal using the conference website by July 15, 2018.
CALL FOR PAPERS
Fifteenth Annual Meeting on Environmental Philosophy
“Environmental Justice and Extreme Environments”
Conference Dates: June 27-30 2018
The International Society for Environmental Ethics (ISEE) will hold its Fifteenth Annual Meeting on Environmental Philosophy, June 27-30, 2018, in Anchorage, Alaska. Come to great north!
The theme for this year’s conference is Environmental Justice and Extreme Environments, though ISEE invites proposals for individual papers and group sessions on any topic in environmental philosophy, broadly conceived. Relevant topics might include papers addressing:
* indigenous justice
* climate ethics
* animal and species justice
* changing ecosystems
* sea ice loss
However, proposals on any topic in environmental philosophy are welcome.
Participants in the conference only should expect to arrive on June 27 for conference opening remarks and talks in the evening. We aim to close the conference after a session or two the morning of June 30.
Instructions for Submissions:
- Please anonymize all paper abstracts (including PDF submissions)
- Please do not submit panels without a participation commitment from all proposed participants
- Full papers must be available on the ISEE website one month prior to the conference. Papers will be summarized by respondents at the conference rather than read in their entirety, in order to maximize time for discussion and provide authors with constructive feedback.
Deadline: March 15, 2018
Submissions and Inquiries should be sent to the organizers:
President, Benjamin Hale, email@example.com
Vice-President, Allen Thompson, Allen.Thompson@oregonstate.edu
Secretary, Alex Lee , firstname.lastname@example.org
By Philip Cafaro
Phil writes on environmental ethics,
consumption and population policy, and
biodiversity preservation. He is the author
of Thoreau’s Living Ethics, and recently
co-edited Life on the Brink: Environmentalists
Confront Population Growth.
Published June 26, 2015
There is a lot to chew on in the Pope’s encyclical released today, LAUDATO SI’, ON CARE FOR OUR COMMON HOME. Having just finished the first chapter (of six), I’d like to call your attention to several particularly intriguing paragraphs below. Continue reading
The results for the ISEE election for officers and nominating committee for 2016-2018 are in. The following candidates have won election: Continue reading