CALL FOR PAPERS
Fifteenth Annual Meeting on Environmental Philosophy
“Environmental Justice and Extreme Environments”
Conference Dates: June 27-30 2018
The International Society for Environmental Ethics (ISEE) will hold its Fifteenth Annual Meeting on Environmental Philosophy, June 27-30, 2018, in Anchorage, Alaska. Come to great north!
The theme for this year’s conference is Environmental Justice and Extreme Environments, though ISEE invites proposals for individual papers and group sessions on any topic in environmental philosophy, broadly conceived. Relevant topics might include papers addressing:
* indigenous justice
* climate ethics
* animal and species justice
* changing ecosystems
* sea ice loss
However, proposals on any topic in environmental philosophy are welcome.
Participants in the conference only should expect to arrive on June 27 for conference opening remarks and talks in the evening. We aim to close the conference after a session or two the morning of June 30.
Instructions for Submissions:
- Submit 250 word abstracts for 20 minute papers, as well as proposals for multi-participant sessions, to Ben Hale (email@example.com), Allen Thompson (Allen.Thompson@oregonstate.edu), and Alex Lee (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Please anonymize all paper abstracts (including PDF submissions)
- Please do not submit panels without a participation commitment from all proposed participants
- Full papers must be available on the ISEE website one month prior to the conference. Papers will be summarized by respondents at the conference rather than read in their entirety, in order to maximize time for discussion and provide authors with constructive feedback.
Deadline: March 15, 2018
Submissions and Inquiries should be sent to the organizers:
President, Benjamin Hale, email@example.com
Vice-President, Allen Thompson, Allen.Thompson@oregonstate.edu
Secretary, Alex Lee , firstname.lastname@example.org