June 22-24, 2018
Delta Hotel and Resort
475 President Kennedy Avenue
Montreal QC H3A 1J7
The Interdisciplinary Environmental Association (IEA) invites you to participate in the 23rd International Interdisciplinary Conference on the Environment (IICE)! The conference is motivated by the increasing need to combine ideas and research findings from different disciplines to enhance our understanding of the interactions between the natural environment and human institutions. Conference presentations focus on:
- What all disciplines have to offer with respect to understanding environmental and resource problems;
- Possible solutions that are available;
- The implications of the globalization of environmental concerns.
The conference welcomes environmental academics, practitioners, and interested colleagues regardless of discipline or country. Participants may organize sessions (please ask for “Panel Organizer Guidelines”), present papers, participate in poster sessions, chair sessions, discuss papers, participate in roundtable discussions, or simply observe. The conference also welcomes papers and posters submitted by both graduate and undergraduate students, as well as papers and posters submitted in association with chapters of Kappa Alpha Omicron (advisors, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details).
To facilitate communication, authors should make an effort to write papers and design posters that can be understood by an audience outside their disciplines. All papers submitted for publication consideration in Interdisciplinary Environmental Review must pass peer review from both within and outside the primary discipline of the author(s). The program consists of:
- Small concurrent seminar-type sessions with chairperson, presenters, and a discussant assigned to comment on and integrate the ideas of the presentations
- A poster session with time for discussion with the authors
- Round-table thematic discussions with moderator
- Workshops and panels
- Invited keynote speakers
- Welcome reception
- Conference banquet luncheon
There will be an opening reception for all on Thursday evening, June 21. Registration and conference materials will be available at the Reception and starting at 8:00 AM throughout the conference. Students are welcome at all events.
We welcome research that crosses the boundaries of traditional disciplines to frame environmental problems, propose working models, or address field, community, or academic issues in any area of environmental and sustainability research.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINE: May 15, 2018
Please, submit your abstract (of no more than 300 words) by May 15, 2018. All submitted abstracts will be evaluated for presentation and publication in the Book of Abstracts which will be available at the Conference.
- You may submit abstracts for no more than 2 presentations (paper or poster);
- For co-authorships please include names, affiliations, and addresses of all authors and indicate who will serve as presenter
- Abstracts are required for all Posters
- Abstracts accepted only on a space available basis after May 15, 2018
To have your papers considered for publication in the sponsored the IEA journal titled Interdisciplinary Environmental Review (IER), please submit your paper, at any time, as prescribed by the publisher here or at this URL: < www.inderscience.com/ier >. Papers submitted for review by the IER must not have been published, accepted, or submitted for publication elsewhere. All papers will be evaluated using an interdisciplinary double-blind peer and review process. Paper submission is optional.
More Information: http://ieaonline.org/?page_id=68