The Philosophy Department at Oregon State University invites applications for a full-time, 9-month, tenure-track Assistant Professor position.
- This position will work in environmental philosophy, broadly construed, with an emphasis on social and political issues. Research interests in policy-relevant environmental justice, ecological justice, or environmental political theory are central and may be complimented by work in areas such as: critical race theory, global justice and development, indigenous peoples, feminist theory, or disability studies, etc.
- Competence with philosophy of science issues in biodiversity, ecology, etc. is also desirable.
- PhD in philosophy or closely related field required prior to appointment.
- A demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity.
Special Instructions to Applicants
When applying you will be required to attach the following electronic documents:
- Cover Letter indicating how your qualifications and experience have prepared you for this position.
- Writing sample uploaded as Other Document.
- Statement of research interests uploaded as Other Document 2.
- Statement of teaching interests (including courses taught and summary evaluations, if applicable). Upload as other Document 3.
In addition, at least three letters of recommendation should be sent under separate cover to: Environmental Ethics Search Committee, School of History, Philosophy, and Religion, Milam 322, Oregon State University, Corvallis OR 97331
For additional information please contact Allen Thompson at email@example.com.