to the 11th Congress of the European Society for Agricultural and Food Ethics, Uppsala, Sweden, September 11-14, 2013!
Deadline extended to January 1st, 2013
EurSafe 2013 is an international forum for discussion of ethical issues at the intersection between social, economic and legal aspects of consumption of food and agricultural products. In addition to papers related to the conference themes, general contributions to agricultural and food ethics are also welcome.
Confirmed Keynote Speakers:
- Philip Cafaro, Colorado State University, USA
- Mara Miele, Cardiff University, Great Britain
- Ian Robertson, International Animal Law, New Zealand
EurSafe 2013 has the following topics for submission:
- Ethics of consumption – the citizen
- Ethics of consumption – the market
- Ethics of consumption – the law
- Ethics of consumption – integrative and general issues
- Other issues
You are invited to submit abstracts for oral or poster presentation. We welcome contributions on these themes as well as general themes on food and agricultural ethics from a range of fields, such as ethics and philosophy, anthrozoology, social and historical sciences, education and pedagogics, political philosophy, law, animal welfare science, applied ethology, laboratory animals, veterinary medicine, biology, environment, rural development, and recreation.
Submission of abstracts is now open. Please follow this link to Wageningen Academic Publishers.
- Abstracts must not exceed 2,500 characters including title, authors and addresses, and including spaces and punctuation.
- Abstracts must be written and presented in English. Linguistic accuracy is the responsibility of the authors.
Deadline for abstracts submission has been extended to January 1st, 2013. Abstracts submitted before this date will be peer reviewed and notification to authors will be sent out. Authors of accepted abstracts are asked to write full papers (6-8 pages), which again will be peer reviewed. Full papers will be published in the conference volume by Wageningen Academic Publishers and delivered to participants at the welcome reception of the conference.
If you have any questions, please contact the conference secretariat.
Conference Secretariat: Academic Conferences
Tel. +46 18 67 10 03
Fax. +46 18 67 35 30
Helena Röcklinsberg, Per Sandin, Anne Algers, Bo Algers and Jan Hultgren
The EurSafe 2013 Organising Committee, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences