Job Title: Assistant Director M-WISE, Morehouse Institute for Sustainable Energy program
Job Summary: The responsibilities of this position include assisting in the coordination and management of the National Science Foundation funded HBCU-UP program titled the Morehouse Wide Initiative for Sustainable Energy. This position reports to the Director of Sponsored Research and Integrative Activities for the Division of Science and Mathematics.
Philosophers and environmental ethicists are encouraged to apply
(assuming they meet the job requirements)
- Assist in the implementation and development of Morehouse College’s Institute for Sustainable Energy.
- Monitor data collection and analysis of information associated with M-WISE and prepare summary reports, briefing papers, and other resources.
- Assist in the coordination of a pre-freshman bridge summer program.
- Assist in the implementation of an institution wide sustainable energy minor.
- Serve as a staff advisor for the student energy club.
- Assist in implementing the Division of Science and Mathematics Interdisciplinary Seminar Series.
- Publish a quarterly energy institute newsletter and maintain a website presence for the M-WISE.
- Conduct other responsibilities as required including working on progress reports.
Education and Experience: A Master’s degree or equivalent experience in STEM related fields with a background in program management will be considered; however, a Ph.D. in a STEM related field with a background in sustainable energy is preferred. Additional qualifications include: three or more years work experience in higher education program implementation or teaching; the ability to work effectively in teams; ability to interact successfully with large numbers of students and faculty; and the ability to coordinate programs independently.
Lycurgus L. Muldrow, Ph.D.
Director of Sponsored Research and Integrative Activities
Division of Science and Mathematics
Ph: 404 681-7571