Presentations at the 34th Annual Conference: Southwest/Texas Popular Culture & American Cultural Association Celebrating Popular/American Culture(s) in a Global Context
February 13 – 16, 2013 – Albuquerque, New Mexico
Hyatt Regency Hotel & Conference Center
For detailed information, including information about monetary awards for best graduate school papers in a variety of areas, please go to: http://www.swtxpca.org .
Panels are now being formed for presentations regarding Literature: Ecocriticism and the Environment. Specific areas might include:
- ecocritical approaches to literature
- environmentally-focused artists and their art
- representations of nature and the environment in popular and American culture
- interdisciplinary approaches to the environment by environmental historians, philosophers, geographers, ecologists, governmental agencies, etc.
- environmental/ecocritical pedagogy & environmental education
- environmental discourse in the media
- the environment in film
- environmental issues in the Southwest
- urban environmentalism
- nature writing and its authors
- environmental activism, non-profit, governmental issues, etc.
To submit a proposal, go to http://conference2013.swtxpca.org and enter the proposal into the database. Deadline for submissions is November 16, 2012. Accepted applicants will be notified by email, and must register for the conference by December 31, 2012.
Information: Dr. Ken Hada, Chair
Literature: Ecocriticism & Environment
East Central University
1100 E. 14th St.
Ada, OK 74820