At the Hilton San Diego Bayfront, San Diego, California.
ISEE Secretary Mark Woods (University of San Diego) is organizing some local hikes at the Pacific APA for ISEE members and others who want to spend some time outside.
Wednesday, 20 April, 8:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Topic: The Past, Environmental Damage, and the Future. Chair: Geoffrey Frasz (College of Southern Nevada)
- John Nolt (University of Tennessee) “Why Climate Ethics Must Be Nonanthropocentric.” Commentator: Chris Cuomo (University of Georgia)
- Derek Turner (Connecticut College) “What Should Environmentalists Say About Recent Developments in Paleogenomics?” Commentator: Andrew Askland (Arizona State University)
Friday, 22 April, 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Topic: Interests Conflicts. Chair: Clare Palmer (Texas A&M University)
- Karen S. Emmerman (University of Washington) “Beyond the Basic/Nonbasic Interest Distinction: Inter-Species Conflicts of Interest and the Problem of Overdemandingness.” Commentator: Mark Woods (University of San Diego)
- Shan Gao (University of North Texas) “Can the West Save the East?” Commentator: Jason Simus (University of North Texas)
- Darren Domsky (Texas A&M University-Galveston) “Taking Down the Repugnant Conclusions.” Commentator: Avram Hiller (Portland State University)