This is the official site of the International Society for Environmental Ethics. For more than 20 years ISEE has striven to advance research and education in the field of environmental ethics and philosophy, and to promote appropriate human use, respect, conservation, preservation, and understanding of the natural world. Here you’ll find a bevy of information including original articles, book reviews, and presentations, as well as information about events worldwide and links to other environmental ethics-related resources. To join the society or sign up for ISEE’s mailing list, visit the Quick Links section below.
The Summer 2016 edition (v. 26, n. 1) of the ISEE Newsletter is now available.
ISEE is pleased to announce the winners of the 2015 Holmes Rolston Early Career Prize. They are Toby Svoboda, an assistant professor at Fairlfield University, and Tyler Kasperbauer, a post-doctoral fellow in the Department of Food and Resource Economics at … Continue reading
The membership year for the International Society for Environmental Ethics begins on Earth Day, April 22.
Please consider becoming a member of the Society. You can do so on the website. Continue reading
Submissions are invited for the International Society for Environmental Ethics (ISEE) sessions at the 2017 Eastern Division Meeting of the American Philosophical Association (APA). The meeting will be held January 4-7, 2017, in Baltimore, MD.
The ISEE invites submissions of individual papers (approximately 20 minutes running time) or proposals for themed sessions (particular topics, author-meets- critics, etc., 2 or 3 hr. running time). People working in any area of ethics concerning environmental issues are encouraged to submit proposals.
* For individual paper submissions, please submit either: (1) a full paper (approx. 3000 words), or (2) a 300-word abstract.
* For themed sessions, please submit the proposed session title, a brief description of the session, names of all those participating, and titles for each paper. Paper abstracts (of up to 300 words) are strongly encouraged. Participants should be confirmed as willing to attend if the session goes forward.
* Materials should be submitted in Microsoft Word or PDF format to Allen Thompson (ISEE Vice-President) at email@example.com. Please include “ISEE/APA” in the subject line.
The deadline for submitting materials and proposals is Sept. 1, 2016. Decisions will be announced by Oct. 1, 2016.
- CALL FOR PAPERS (updated) ─ The Canadian Society for Environmental Philosophy
- Conference program – ISEE/Pace conference
- CALL FOR PAPERS ─ Mountains and Sacred Landscapes (NYC; 2017)
- WORKSHOP ─ “Layered Landscapes, Ethics and Wildness”; Nijmegen (Netherlands)
- CALL FOR SESSION CHAIRS ─ 13th annual ISEE Conference; Pace University