This is the official site of the International Society for Environmental Ethics. For more than 20 years ISEE has striven to advance research and education in the field of environmental ethics and philosophy, and to promote appropriate human use, respect, conservation, preservation, and understanding of the natural world. Here you’ll find a bevy of information including original articles, book reviews, and presentations, as well as information about events worldwide and links to other environmental ethics-related resources. To join the society or sign up for ISEE’s mailing list, visit the Quick Links section below.
Submissions are invited for the International Society for Environmental Ethics (ISEE) group sessions at the 2018 Eastern Division Meeting of the American Philosophical Association (APA). The meeting will be held January 3-6, 2018, in Savannah, GA. Submission deadline: July 1, … Continue reading
Submissions are invited for the International Society for Environmental Ethics (ISEE) sessions at the 2017 Pacific Division Meeting of the American Philosophical Association (APA). The upcoming meeting will be held in the city of Seattle, Washington, from April 12 to April 15, … Continue reading
The Summer 2016 edition (v. 26, n. 1) of the ISEE Newsletter is now available.
ISEE is pleased to announce the winners of the 2015 Holmes Rolston Early Career Prize. They are Toby Svoboda, an assistant professor at Fairlfield University, and Tyler Kasperbauer, a post-doctoral fellow in the Department of Food and Resource Economics at … Continue reading
The membership year for the International Society for Environmental Ethics begins on Earth Day, April 22.
Please consider becoming a member of the Society. You can do so on the website. Continue reading
CALL FOR PAPERS- Humans & Other Animals
Irish Philosophical Society Annual Conference, Carlow College
3-4 November 2017
Abstracts due 8 September 2017
- CALL FOR PAPERS- Hazardous Time-Scapes: How to Make Sense of Toxic Landscapes from Multiple Timed, Spaced, and Embodied Perspectives?
- CALL FOR PAPERS-Thoreau & the Transcendentalists: Their Philosophy & Related Concerns
- CALL FOR PAPERS- Asian Extremes: Climate, Meteorology & Disaster in History
- JOB ANNOUNCEMENT – TT Faculty Position in Philosophy & the Environmental Studies Program at University of Oregon
- CALL FOR PAPERS- Ecologies of Knowledge & Practice: Japanese Studies and the Environmental Humanities