This is the official site of the International Society for Environmental Ethics. For more than 20 years ISEE has striven to advance research and education in the field of environmental ethics and philosophy, and to promote appropriate human use, respect, conservation, preservation, and understanding of the natural world. Here you’ll find a bevy of information including original articles, book reviews, and presentations, as well as information about events worldwide and links to other environmental ethics-related resources. To join the society or sign up for ISEE’s mailing list, visit the Quick Links section below.
Submissions are invited for the International Society for Environmental Ethics (ISEE) group sessions at the 2018 Eastern Division Meeting of the American Philosophical Association (APA). The meeting will be held January 3-6, 2018, in Savannah, GA. Submission deadline: July 1, … Continue reading
Submissions are invited for the International Society for Environmental Ethics (ISEE) sessions at the 2017 Pacific Division Meeting of the American Philosophical Association (APA). The upcoming meeting will be held in the city of Seattle, Washington, from April 12 to April 15, … Continue reading
The Summer 2016 edition (v. 26, n. 1) of the ISEE Newsletter is now available.
ISEE is pleased to announce the winners of the 2015 Holmes Rolston Early Career Prize. They are Toby Svoboda, an assistant professor at Fairlfield University, and Tyler Kasperbauer, a post-doctoral fellow in the Department of Food and Resource Economics at … Continue reading
The membership year for the International Society for Environmental Ethics begins on Earth Day, April 22.
Please consider becoming a member of the Society. You can do so on the website. Continue reading
Call for Papers: International Society for Environmental Ethics 2018 Pacific APA
Submissions are invited for the International Society for Environmental Ethics (ISEE) group sessions at the 2018 Pacific Division Meeting of the American Philosophical Association (APA). The meeting will be held March 28-30, 2018, at the Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter and the US Grant.
The ISEE invites submissions of individual papers (approximately 20 minutes running time) or proposals for themed sessions (particular topics, author-meets-critics, etc.).
Please include any interest in chairing a session as well.
People working in any area of ethics concerning environmental issues are encouraged to submit proposals.
- For individual paper submissions, please submit either: (1) a 300-word abstract, or (2) a full paper (approx. 3000 words).
- For themed sessions, please submit the proposed session title, a brief description of the session, names of all those participating, and titles for each paper. Paper abstracts (of up to 300 words) are strongly encouraged. Participants should be confirmed as willing to attend if the session goes forward.
- Materials should be submitted in Microsoft Word or PDF format to: Alex Lee (ISEE Secretary) at firstname.lastname@example.org Please include “ISEE/APA” in the subject line.
- The deadline for submitting proposals is September 1, 2017.
- CALL FOR PAPERS – The Good, the Beautiful, the Green: Environmentalism and Aesthetics
- Call for Papers: European Conference for Critical Animal Studies
- CALL FOR PAPERS – International Association for Environmental Philosophy Annual Meeting
- JOB – Ass. Lecturer, Environmental Studies; U. of Wisconsin-La Crosse
- CALL FOR PAPERS – 14th Annual Meeting on Environmental Philosophy